Monday, April 21, 2008

My Biggest Pet Peeve.....



WHO works out like this????? As I walked through the gym this morning I couldn't help but notice all the women surrounding me were freshly showered, hair done, makeup, and complete with the "little outfits". What???? I wished I had taken a pic of myself as something for you to all compare to but here goes...

green abercrombie sweats with bleach stains

black sports bra(very faded)

white plain tshirt

NO makeup, my hair in a pony with hair sticking out everywhere, and I don't even think I remembered to brush my teeth before I came.

Should I be embarrassed? I go to the gym so that I can feel good, look good for my husband, and just stay healthy. I think at my gym they must be doing the fitness competition for some beauty pagent every day. Now don't get me wrong, if your single, the gym can be a great pick up place but I saw many wedding rings. Do they break a sweat with their long hair perfectly roundbrushed down their back and makeup ready for the day? Oh and d on't forget the lipstick with liner! Obviously these women do it for someone. The Men(boys) or is it competition for the other women? As I walked through the gym I couldn't help but feel like I was some PWT that needed to be working out to Richard Simmons(Sweatin to the oldies) in the living room of my trailer home! lol! Will I change the way I dress when I go to the gym? Hell NO! More power to all those women who waste so much time getting ready but My old sweats are the best!!!!

9 comments:

Briana said...

I take it you must go to Gold's. For some reason when I lived in Utah and went there that is how a lot of the girls were. It used to drive me crazy. I just figure when I go to the gym, I am there to work out and thats it. When I switched over to 24 hour fitness and even here at Lifetime, its not like that at all. You might see one girl like that and everyone usually makes fun of her, including the men.

When my husband personal trained and saw girls walk in like that he used to say that all the guys used to just laugh about it. I just figure they probably don't have the highest self esteem so its to make them feel better. More power to them. But I am like you when it comes to working out, just get it done!

I think your family is so cute. How is your hairline coming along?

Jennie Minor said...

I am laughing so hard, and remembering how it was walking into the Gold's in AF (any Gold's in Utah) and thinking oh man I need to go home and change or put some make up on. I agree with you! When I go to the gym, it is so not glamorus. But that is what the gym is there for. To work out, make a sweat. Did a lot of girls still have the earrings on? That was my favorite too. Seeing them walk on the tredmills with their sweet hair do's and sports bra, yoga pants, and their hoops. Who are they kidding? They don't go to work out they go to flaunt their bodies, and to get picked up on! I say we kick their asses! :)

Leandra said...

UGH... Don't you just love that the gym is no longer a place to get/stay fit but a place to practice your pageant wave? HAHA... in all honesty I feel embarrassed when I see those women cuz they are obviously trying waaaaay to hard! I bet even with your no make up and bleached sweats, they were still intimidated by YOU!! :-)

sinika said...

You're so funny Heidi! I'm the ugliest workout girl.......and I love it! I love showering and getting all ready and thinking about the transformation from stinky and red (seriously, my face turns beet red! And I'm a big loud breather.........maybe I should primp a little more! Ha! ;) ) to clean and pretty.

Stacey said...

Oh my! Who does that? Next time you should walk by them and fart too. Anyway, I bet you still looked hot. I know which sweats you're talking about and I think they are cute and look good on your tiny tush! I'm sure all those dressed up chicks were jealous because they can't look as good as you even when they try. Brother....

Shannon said...

Oh honey, you know you are some HOT Stuff when you go to the gym! haha
Sadly, i sound like you and then when i see those girls, i think, dang i need to put make up on or something!
I love it though, it's too early, ask my friend Caryn who goes with me at 6:30 am, i don't even look in the Mirror (now thats sad) haha

Sarah said...

You bust me up! I know that feeling, I workout at the same gym.

Elle said...

You go girl...although I need the gym, I think I WILL stay home with good ole' Richard for a while!

kate moss said...

That is why you need to come do pilates with me, no one looks like that. Don't you miss Sarah's basement.