Friday, February 1, 2008

Great Spiritual day




The kids were out of school today so we decided to take them to Pres. Hinckley's viewing. It was a long line (2 1/2 hrs) to be able to see the prophet but an experience that none of us will forget. We had all the snow but the sun was shining and just beautiful outside! The kids standing in the lines had built all these little snowmen along the walls as they were waiting and some had candy in them for eyes or even hair clips or small sticks they could find. It was so cute. I'm sure Pres. Hinckley loved it! As we were leaving 2 of his daughters actually got up and talked to everyone just to say thank you for the support and said they knew if their dad were here he would definitely say "What is all this fuss about!" As we were able to see our prophet, I do not know how anyone could deny he was a prophet of god! We saw the notes from his grandkids and great grandkids that made us realize we also saw a grandpa, father, husband, that was just doing what the lord told him and had prepared him to do. He was fulfilling his purpose here on earth. Most of us will not be prophets or even hold positions where our faces are so well known but we all have purposes too...this really stuck with me as I left the conference center. I watched Sheri Dew on KBYU this morning and she talked about how he didn't like the focus being on him and always said that this was the lords church, not his. I wondered if my thoughts were what Pres. Hinckley would want us all to know. That we can all make a difference and we all have our own devine purposes....

3 comments:

Briana said...

What an amazing experience. I wish I lived there to attend that. Its crazy to me but living in Arizona you don't hear anything about it and I miss all of it. He was such an amazing man and I love him. But I am glad he is back with his wife. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. You have the cutest family!

Jennie Minor said...

I am sure that it was such an amazing spiritual experience for you and your family. It will be one that you all will remember for the rest of your lives. I wish that I lived in Utah so I too could have gone. "We thank thee o God for a Prophet". Each prophet is truly called of God.

Shannon said...

What an amazing experience! I love what you wrote! He was truly a prophet of God! How lucky are we and our kids to have known such an amazing man, who did so much for the Church!

p.s. Way to go on updating the Blog Baby!!