Friday, February 1, 2008

Pocahontas



Jadyn is in the 5th grade and she chose Pocahontas as her hero this year! She had to do an oral report in the first person as if she was Pocahontas. Her grandpa made the costume and all the props, including the club which was like what had almost been used to kill John Smith, her friend from the english colonies. Last night all the 5th graders had a wax muesum at the school in their costumes. I loved it but I was trying the whole time not to laugh. We walk into the library and they have it dark with lamps around each student as they stood frozen and pretending they were wax. The best was a little girl that had dressed up as Marie Osmond(Hero???) with a long black wig and all these dolls around her and one in her lap that it looked like she was petting. It was like a horror movie! Then there were all the Martin Luther Kings and basketball players that had colored their skin with something to make it all black! Oh so funny!! Of course I had to make Jadyn laugh and she got mad at me cause I said "wow I didn't know Pocahontas had braces!" The students are all so serious! I'm such a mean mom!!!

1 comment:

Jennie Minor said...

she is so cute! Just like her beautiful mom! ;)