Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Which one????




So Scott and I are trying to figure out where to go for our annivrsary in March and we have narrowed it down to Belize or Costa Rica! But...I'm having a hard time deciding which one! We have done the Mexico thing tons and i've been to hawaii and so we thought somewhere totally different but has to have beaches and warm sun! Here's what I know....

Costa Rica

pros

safe, jungle for exploring and zip lines, live valcanoes, beaches!,so many animals everywhere

cons

you have to drive everywhere(2 to 4 hrs from airport),BAD roads(you have to have an off road vehicle), to many pot holes to count!, many hotels are more primitive...not like Cancun!,12 hrs between transfers to get there, pacific side does not have white sand which I LOVE!

Belize

pro's

only a 1/2 day trip, not so primitive, nice hotels with great adventures to go on, white beaches

con's

haven't done as much research so I'm not sure yet

Here's the thing...we want all the luxury of a nice hotel but the adventure also. I love sitting on the beach but I need to be able to expore and go on crazy excursions too! Has anyone been to either of these places or know someone who has? I have read so much about both and you hear the good and bad so i'm so confused...Help???????

2 comments:

Jennie Minor said...

I say Beliz!! How fun! I think that that would be an adventure!

Shannon said...

TOTALLY Beliz! I would go there for sure! Our friends wanted us to go with them in December to Costa Rica to do the Zip line and all that stuff, but we Chose Hawaii with our own kids instead! hehe
I am all about the Resort and just Relaxing!
I also hear in Beliz, you can take a day and just Use a paddle boat to all these cool places where waterfalls are, Quite the workout, but super exciting!